Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Once Upon A Time It Held Family



I've always enjoyed long road trips by automobile. How else could I see so many interesting places? We were driving through Georgia, and had many miles to cover before nightfall. Nevermind the miles we had to to cover, no sooner had I spotted the old cottage up ahead, than our car left the highway. Alas, I had found a true old clapboard cottage. I just had to see it up close and photograph it. There it set in all it's aged splendor. The trees close by were covered with lovely Spanish Moss. I suppose I look at old turn of the century homes like this, a little different, than most folks. I actually have a kind of affection or fondness for them. I seem to have a sort of connection to places that once upon a time held family. A place that celebrated babies being born, heard children's voices and laughter. I think I could actually have lived in such a place. Although small, I would have hung muslin curtains on the windows, whitewashed the walls and floors. Hmmmm.....I would have done so much more to make it comfortable for family. Ah yes....the house had a good aura about it.....I want to think that once upon a time it held a happy family. Click on photos for amazing close up of the house and moss...