Monday, July 27, 2009

Big Red Roses




Is that thunder I'm hearing? What had once been a bright sunny day, had changed without my hardly noticing it. The rumblings coming from from the west, and rains out over the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, were heading our way and with a gusto. Although welcomed, the rain can sometimes dampen my spirits, but only if I allow it. I can nearly always find remedies that can completely put aside, the old rainy day hum drums. Sometimes, a good book read or a fine old movie will do just fine. However, on this rainy day occasion, I directed my energies in a completely different direction. Why not clean the linen cupboard? Knee deep in assorted linens and things, I asked myself, why is it that all through the years I have had trouble parting with tablecloths? I have stacks of these things and in all designs and colors. As I sorted through them, I wondered at how my taste in home decor had drastically changed and even questioned as to what could I have been thinking???? This would be the day, I could part with them. I could do it, I had the right frame of mind. I would never look back! And so I did, except for the one with the big red roses. This was a perfect way to beat the rainy day gloom....I would bring the garden inside....and so I did. Blessings...Dee Dee