Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Dear Ole Thing"




One might just say that the rather shabby old concrete Pink Flamingo yard ornament, beneath the Crape Myrtle tree, along side the fence adjacent to my Florida home..... is somewhat of a curiosity. A curiosity indeed, but the "dear ole thing" is rather close to my heart it seems, and I have not found it within my ability to part with it. I've never quite figured out what it is about such things, but I do believe various matters are in play, that determine our individual likes and dislikes. Beginning with birth even, certain things we see, touch, hear or smell, greatly influence us. We are inspired by colors and sounds as well. Having made selections, of clothing and decorating styles, we may find ourselves thought of as different or a bit odd. I watched a parade recently and amongst the marching fireman, one gentleman stood out from all the rest. It seems his appearance was unlike all the other firemen. His eccentricities allowed him to grow and wear a strange and most unusual mustache. It grew out quite a long ways on each side of the mustache, twirling and twisting in great long strands. But, never mind the fireman. In getting back to the cement Flamingo, beneath the Crape Myrtle tree, I just wish to say I'm happier than ever with it's presence in my garden. Left to the extremes in the hot summer weather, I've found that the chippiness has become even more greatly pronounced, thereby adding further character to my yard ornament. I do hope your not so terribly distracted by "dear ole thing," while looking at another pretty, "blooming up a storm", Crape Myrtle...... Be blessed today...Dee Dee click on photos...