Thursday, July 30, 2009

Such Pretty Things, I Wonder What She Was Like







A small room, it has a little cream colored iron bed and a white armoire. With shelves holding my collection of old vintage linen, the spare bedroom in my home was decorated with the more feminine woman in mind. My mother sleeps in this room when she visits. I never use the antique hand made Irish linen bedspread, or the lace trimmed pillow case. Treasures from estate sales, they are simply displayed on the armoire shelves. While tidying up the room today, I found myself looking at all the details that went into creating such pretty things. Someone sure had a lot of patience, and a lot of talent. I wonder what she was like, how was her home decorated, and what was her world like back then? Be blessed today.....Dee Dee