Saturday, July 25, 2009

Handmade By Me....

Handmade heart shaped pin cushion...
Baby Blankets and Burp Cloths.....
A little personal message tag....
Oh my, we have a growing family and that means small babies needing warm blankets come winter. I'm probably known as the "blanket maker" in the family and that's okay, I wear the title proudly. Through the years, I've brought out my crochet needle time after time using sometimes pink yarn and sometimes blue yarn. With a grandson just beginning to sit up and another grandson due in September, I've been using blue yarns and tiny little children's patterned fabrics. In addition to the blankets, I've made some adorable "burp-cloths" using soft white chenille and baby flannel. Oh sure, the stores are full of precious baby things and I've visited some pretty nice high-end shops. But, wise homemaker that I am, I've used these occasions, to note how easy some of these pricey little items would be to make. So, I've been spending some time at the sewing machine. As you can see.... "not only are they sweet as can be, they are all little gifts, handmade by me"......Blessings...Dee Dee