Monday, November 17, 2008

I Want To Be An Astronaut

Launch from the Kennedy Space Center
I really wasn't prepared for these words to come from my five year old granddaughter, but they did. I had asked her the question, "What do you want for Christmas?" She replied excitedly, "I want an Astronaut Space Suit!" My startled reaction was followed by an explanation from my daughter. Seems they had ventured out into the night, stood beside Tampa Bay, and watched the Space Shuttle Endeavour launch, the night before. My grandchildren are home schooled, and they have been reading about the Space program. It's funny how we have become involved and interested right along with our children. It happens, grandparents are that way. So, we are planning a trip to the Kennedy Space Center in January, and will see a launch "up close and personal." Seeing the launch from our area is beautiful at night, but we can hardly wait to see it in the daytime... see the fire, the smoke and hear the noise. By then, I suppose my granddaughter will have her space suit costume, and will most likely be wearing it. If you have future Astronauts in your home, or have an interest yourself, you might have a look at the Kennedy Space Center website..... http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/