Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Gentleman

Look around if you will, and think on this for a moment. How many gentlemen are in your life? How many can you speak of that are in public life? Not a whole lot out there, and this is sad. For the past two years we have had to endure what I would call a shameful display of grown men and women, bickering back and forth, throwing all the rocks they can find, without any care for how they fall or who they hit. Not a whole lot of anything being sacred anymore. Not many role models out there for our youth, are there? I know a few young men who are setting the example for this generation, but only a few people know of them. They are today's "Gentleman"....They are well-mannered and considerate men with high standards of proper behavior. They think of others before themselves. They act with purpose and conviction and live by their word. I hope you have men like this in your life. While thinking on this, I remember a gentleman we were priviledged to watch as he led our nation as the 40th President. Ronald Reagan had purpose and conviction. I need not go into all that he accomplished in his life politically, for what impressed me the most was he lived by his word, trusted in his Maker and led by example. I found this photo of him, riding his horse El Alamein, at his ranch, Rancho Del Cielo. When I think of this gentleman, Ronald Reagan, the one word that comes to mind is integrity...adherence to a code of value.