Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We're All Facing Challenges

Comfy chair...google images
There's just no escape from all that's happening in our world. Lot's of uncertainty. A part of me wants to pretend all is well and just leave it at that, but I feel it my duty to stay informed. We stopped taking the newspaper long ago, but the Internet has news at my fingertips and believe me it is more readily available than I care to say. The Drudge Report does keep one informed. It seems that, 24/7, I am trying to stay informed to the point of making myself ill. Then a saving grace, my attitude changed. I have Bible study on Monday evenings (Bible Study Fellowship) and during those hours at church, I am completely out of touch with anything negative. During the lecture time, the speaker had some pretty convicting words to say to us. She asked the question, "Do you have a complaining spirit?" She went on to say, "if this is true then we show our lack of faith in the Lord. No matter what is falling apart in our world, God is steady." Goodness, I really needed to hear that, for I have been caught up in all this political worry, stressing big time, having little or no confidence in our elected leaders. Then she went on to say some pretty profound words..."Challenges are opportunities to trust and obey God's promises or we suffer the consequences of unbelief." So, for the rest of the week I'm going to be consistent in my prayer life, knowing who is in charge, putting aside all worry. This may not turn out like we want it to, but you know what....it'll turn our like He wants it to. So, without further ado, I'm going to tune into good happy thoughts, find me a comfy chair and "chill."