Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Oh So Green And Delicate Little Vines"




Now and then I scoot across the Internet miles, and land on a few Scandinavian blogs. I enjoy how they decorate their homes with all sorts of vintage and antique pieces. White slip covered furniture setting on whitewashed hardwood floors caught my attention originally. As winter came and lasted so long... I was amazed at how they forced the blooming of bulbs. In the dead of winter they had spring in their homes. Now and then, my eyes focused, not on the bulbs, but the bits of Ivy placed in wonderful little glass bottles, in all sorts of different places. There seemed to be no method or order to the placement of these bits of ivy and I loved that. I've a bit of lovely green Ivy in my home now, and I thank these sweet ladies living on the other side of the globe for inspiring me in the usage of the "oh so green and delicate little vines."