Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hooked On Designer Postage Stamps



Ethel Kessler
I'll admit it, I am hooked on designer postage stamps. Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland has captured my interest in some pretty amazing stamp art. Never again will I be contented to put just any old generic stamp on my cards and letters. On a recent trip to the post office, I found them completely out of the Nature of America stamp collection or any other designer stamps. Having to choose either the United States Flag or Sunflower stamps, I was slightly disappointed. I'm thankful that did not happen today. I happily brought home Great Lakes Dunes, tenth in the Nature of America series. Have you seen these? Great Lakes dunes make up one of the earth's largest freshwater dune systems. It is a place of highly dynamic landscaping, where plants and animals interact with wind, water and sand. Recipients of my mail for the next little while will perhaps find a Red Fox, a Vesper Sparrow or even a White-footed Mouse adorning the envelope. Some of my favorites also in this series are the Southern Florida Wetlands, and the Pacific Coral Reef. Thank you Ms. Kessler, I am most grateful for your stamp art. You do good work!