Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Sentiments Exactly

I suppose my reasoning is, having worked for many years, I've always been the sort of person to "seize the day." I like to just dive headlong into all the things facing me, using that high energy time to accomplish more lengthy or complicated duties. Maybe we're all that way, I don't know. I even have a little twinge of guilt if I haven't completed at least one or two things daily on my list of much needed to do chores. In years past, I've had so many things on that list of "have to's" that I've missed the enjoyment of accomplishment . But only lately has it occurred to me that all those things on the list don't have to be chores or duties. I think psychologically bits of entertainment during the day just might make for a more pleasing of one's attitude.
Think on this....
One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.
~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Think on this....
One just might take time out for a nice cup of tea mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
~Dee Dee