Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Epiphany


It is as though for the first time in my life, I can see more clearly. I can almost see it all. In youth, my vision somehow bunched my world together in one great landscape. Life came at me fast and furious, so much so that I could barely take it all in.
I suppose what has happened to me of late, is somewhat like an epiphany...a sudden understanding. When I read poetry, I read it slowly. I now have favorite poets. When I read books, I no longer rush to the finish. I listen to the writer, pondering each character until they become alive....until I am almost standing inside the story. I have favorite writers. When I read the Bible, I understand more about God. The more I read, the more God reveals Himself to me. The miracle of music I can barely describe how much I enjoy it......vocal or instrumental sounds....rhythm, melody or harmony. Lovely agreeable sounds. Paints, pencils, yarn, fabric, threads......"art"....digital photography. My hands can create many things from each of these. Flowers are no longer just a part of my garden, for I've now seen them up close. I know their behaviors, how they grow .....I know their names. I have favorites and this time of year, I like pink Mums.
My epiphany is....the conditions are right for all of my likings, for I have moments, days, hours and years.
I have time.....Blessings.... Dee Dee