Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More Personalized....

For quite some time, I've enjoyed sending cards to family and friends. Give me an occasion, and I'll make a card to serve the purpose. My favorite occasion is, "just because." These cards are the most fun to make, and probably the nicest to receive. Not long ago, I was invited to a "StampinUp" party. The experience opened my eyes to creative juices I was hardly aware of. These days, not only do I use stamps while making cards, I do little water color paintings.......(originals by Dee Dee). I suppose one might say, my cards have taken on a more personalized appearance.
Today, the card I am making is for a more serious occasion. The death of a loved one, has broken the heart of a dear friend. What I will write on this card, are words to console and comfort her. "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart has trusted in Him and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me and I in Him." My friend, He will bring you out of this storm of life, and into the light of a new day. I will write words promising prayer....and I will pray......
Blessings...... Dee Dee