Saturday, October 24, 2009

A DELICIOUS GALA APPLE

For a number of years, the apples have just not tasted good to me. I've heard all about pesticides and chemicals sprayed on the apples to deter spoilage and all sorts of stories of how they may use hormones to make them grow larger and the color deeper red. We had resorted long ago to buying organic apples. This year, at the beginning of apple season, on a whim, I bought a bag of Gala apples. They had been shipped here to Florida, all the way from Pennsylvania. They appeared smaller than the hormonal apples and had good color. We're on our fourth bag of Gala apples this season and they are the best! We eat them as a snack, I've stir fried them with a little sugar, butter and cinnamon, and, made lots of apple salad with them. Tonight I opened a new bag, and as I placed them in a bowl, I noticed this flawless, beautiful perfectly made red apple. I'm so glad the real apples are back, nature needs no help whatsoever.
Blessings....... Dee Dee