Friday, May 8, 2009

White Peonies


Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? From the moment my eyes opened this morning, I was feeling good, and I felt excited and happy about the busy day I had before me. We were having guest for dinner, a good old fashioned cookout with steak and chicken on the grill and all the good stuff to go with it. We like entertaining and were looking forward to spending the evening with long time friends from Barbados, who are now concerned American citizens. You know, it's a beautiful thing to have unhurried conversation with folks that seem to be on the "same sheet of music." These friends are bright, articulate, understanding, practical and sensible. Friendly talk, laughter and good food lasted a while and then the dinner dishes were cleared away. I served a lovely peach torte along with coffee and we got down to some serious business. Wonderfully stimulating conversation lasted well into the evening. I suppose we covered it all, or at least we tried. We had no solutions, I'm afraid, but we had plenty of ideas on how to solve the problems facing our nation. First and foremost, return back to being a nation that worships the Christian God and, obeys His laws. So, you ask, what do the White Peonies have to do with a dinner party? Answer.....Only that they were beautifully placed in the center of the table and I wanted to share them.