Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Breakfast

As a child, I was told breakfast was the most important meal of the day, and I believed it and.....quite enjoyed it. Not a lot to grumble about when your mother prepares homemade hot biscuits, bacon and bacon gravy and eggs. My husband, being from the south had breakfast consisting of yellow grits, toast and eggs. This would be a tradition I would embrace and serve my family for many years. These days, however, our breakfast can consist of a variety of things. Bagels, oatmeal, cereals could be on the morning menu for breakfast, or an occasional southern grits might be served. A favorite, now and then....Croissants. Those pictured are from Williams Sonoma, looking amazingly appetizing. Pastry chef Jean-Yves Charon makes these French style, light and flaky. Without further ado....please excuse me, I'm about to have "Breakfast".......my favorite meal.