Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Laughter and Happiness


Odd that most folks walked right on by, everyone but me. I had noticed them from inside the store, and as you can see, I had to have a photo of these ladies. Seated in front of the department store, they seemed to be laughing from the top of their heads to the tip of their toes. Isn't this the way it is between good friends? I have girlfriends that laugh with me. My beloved and I laugh often. Laughter is the best, and it makes you feel good all over. When my youngest child was in elementary school, now and then she would say, "Mom, let's laugh....say something funny." We would begin laughing and the more we laughed the funnier things seemed to be. Often we just made funny faces at one another and that would start our laughter. I like movies with comedy. I miss Bob Hope and George Burns. I could watch old Carol Burnett shows over and over. Don't you think if we had old fashioned, clean comedy on television, people would feel much better? There's just too much negativity out there. I want to laugh, and laugh a lot. As Woody Allen once said, "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." What is "Happiness?"
"Well, said Pooh, "What I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although "eating honey" was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. So, today, I wish you lots and lots of laughter and, happiness too.....