Monday, May 4, 2009

I Want A Dog!

Upon retiring, I began almost immediately trying to persuade the mister, in allowing me to have a dog. In the beginning he tried reasoning with me, as to how this would be a burden for us. If we took the dog on trips and visits to see relatives, this would be assuming and disrespectful. If we left the dog behind, it would be unkind leaving it in a kennel. "Who is going to walk the dog and clean up after it, I'm not," he would say as matter of fact. He had many other sensible reasons, so to this day I continue on with my beseeching. This morning, while tidying up, I came across an old Country Home magazine. Looking through the pages, I came across a small article about Clumber Spaniels, titled "Baby Boom." Pictured were nine little Clumber puppies. "Oh my goodness, what do you think of these precious little guys Honey?" "This would be so much fun to have one of these." "I can't hear you, he relied." Oh, never mind him, I proceeded to do a little research, on the Clumber Spaniel. Oh my, maybe not for us.........but isn't he adorable?

A Clumber Spaniel my not be right for you if you don't want to deal with ......
*A Heavy dog who wants to sit on your feet, lie on your lap, and lean his weight against your leg.
*Stubbornness
*Regular brushing and combing
*Constant heavy shedding
*Slobbering and drooling
*Gassiness