Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Red Mums



Each year I look forward to the changing of the seasons. Well, let me clarify that a little. I am aware of the changing of the season, now happening in the northern states. Not to be left out, we count on the flower shops to remind us. They do their part each year, by notifying the populace, with an abundance of lovely potted fall flowers. Then, almost instinctively, we begin preparing for fall weather. Scarecrows and corn stalks are seen in our doorways along with well placed pumpkins and potted mums. The markets, aware of our traditions, stock shelves with apples and jugs of cider. So, here I sit, sipping on a cup of cider, enjoying my potted red mums. Now, if I can just pretend this dreadful heat and humidity is, what we call up north, "indian summer" ..........sigh....