Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Nice Comforting Dinner

I'm busy about the kitchen. New baby coming home today, and family will be needing a nice comforting dinner. The roast in the oven, surrounded by potatoes, onions and carrots, just has to be accompanied by old fashioned fried apples. After all, it is "apple season." Nothing fancy about this apple dish. I use crisp Gala apples, cored and sliced....leaving the peelings on. Placing them in a nice size frying pan, I add a small amount of water, a bit of butter, plenty of sugar and a few raisins. *Notice: no exact measurements....all to taste) Upon bringing to a boil, I turn to simmer and cook until almost an applesauce consistency. Hot biscuits made from scratch are a must with this meal. I'll load everything into a large white basket....hang a little "welcome home baby" card on the handle and get ready to hold that new baby while everyone's enjoying the fruits of my labor. Blessings to all..... Dee Dee