Thursday, September 24, 2009

Autumn


I wish I could close my eyes tonight, and wake up tomorrow to Autumn. It will not happen. Here on the Gulf Coast of Florida, we hardly notice seasonal changes. Green palm fronds do not change into gloriously beautiful colors of orange, reds or golds. Pumpkins are not ripening in the fields, nor do we speak of hay rides by moonlight. This year I will not see beautiful fall leaves. This time of year usually finds us in upstate New York, enjoying cooler early fall weather, apple season and the changing of the leaves. Ah, but I have memories of it all imprinted on my mind, as well as photos to mull over. Oh how I wish I were walking down a path covered with lovely fall leaves......
"Autumn"
Falling leaves
hide the path
so quietly
~John Bailey...A Haiku Poem