Friday, September 4, 2009

Potted Bouquet


It happened quite unexpectedly and I was pleasantly surprised. My beautiful potted white roses had been making quite the show most of the summer. At some point they seemingly went dormant and appeared to be struggling, while tolerating Florida's very hot temperatures.
A few days ago, I noticed new buds all over the rose bush and something else scattered throughout the pot. Uh oh....I thought and knew immediately what was happening. It seems I had left a little of the old soil in the bottom of the pot when repotting for the white rose bush. Not a good thing I thought, for the purple flowers having come up from bottom roots, were crowding out my cherished white roses. This morning, my eyes beheld a vision of loveliness....a "potted bouquet." Nature once again knew exactly what it was doing.....click on photos...