Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Weathered Pier



A favorite place to walk, is along the water's edge. Late afternoon sun yields shadows in all the right places. This area, not well known to most, is my escape from the maddening crowd. It has gorgeous homes, designed in the style of the old antebellum south. The trees are massive, providing shade, allowing for much needed protection from the cruelty of the sun's heat. Yesterday I walked with my camera in hand. Through the camera's lens, my water side observations were so beautiful, even beyond belief. I walked through grasses that were tall, lush and green as I approached the gate. The air had odors of marshlands, the sun was hot and the water calm. I heard no sounds as I stood there enjoying something wonderfully and warmly comforting. For a few memorable moments, I would soak up all these pleasures, here in this place, here in this time.