Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Neighborhood Garden Images

Bird of Paradise....

Century Plant.....
We've had a busy day indeed. A visit planned with our grandchildren, the day began early. Swimming in the pool was at the top of the list. Although the water was a bit chilly, we very quickly adapted to the conditions and set about playing pool games. Afterwards, having two hungry little people, we dined on a lunch of favorite kid foods. Next, with no time to waste, we went on a walk of exploration around the neighborhood. Children love going for walks with their grandparents and grandparents love even more, accommodating them. Almost immediately, we came upon a gorgeous red Hibiscus plant. Camera in hand, I proceeded with snapping off a few shots, hurriedly so, for the family dog was letting me know in no uncertain terms the Hibiscus belonged to his master and I was to "step away from the yard!" We scurried on down the street , and found a nice lady planting shrubbery. Her Bird of Paradise, close to the street, was in full bloom. "May I take a photo or two of your beautiful plant?" She responded with a very friendly and positive yes, and so I did. Our next discovery was an incredibly beautiful Century plant, again close to the street and I took liberty, and snapped off another prize winning photo. Beginning with my header, the photos shown are what I call "neighborhood garden images." click on photos.....