Thursday, April 30, 2009

She Came From Kentucky

May first....today is her birthday. My grandmother, Ida Macey Compton, born in Kentucky, has been gone from this earth for more than thirty years. Still, I remember this day and celebrate it each year, quietly in my heart. She married young, bore sixteen children, lived through hard times and had a long good life. She knew the Lord and read her Bible each evening. I loved and adored her and to this day, I miss her and still try to emulate her. Often I see or hear things that remind me of her. This week, I've seen Lilacs. They were her favorite flower, and I remember each spring her telling me so. The painting, is my imagining her as a child. Happy Birthday Grandmother....I miss your "Butterfly Kisses."
A garden of Love grew in my Grandmother's heart.~Unknown