Sunday, April 26, 2009

Extreme Bedtime Reading

Television and radio are seemingly a deterrent to relaxation at bedtime, at least in my case. I have tried these methods and find my mind stimulated by nearly all types of programing. Listening to radio talk shows, or watching news, whether local or national, is a definite no no. These days, this is most assuredly going to elevate my heart rate, generate conversation, and in no way be conducive to rest. I am the kind of person that needs to relax before sleep and find that reading from a good book each night, seems to help. I have a lamp that attaches to the head of the bed, directing light onto the pages of my book. Propped up against two fluffy pillows, reclined just so, I am in position for extreme bedtime reading. Some nights I read for an hour or so and other times, I read only a short time, before my eyelids become heavy and sleep happens. A little quote by Kathleen Norris could have very well been written by me....Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes the day happier.