Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Remembering Beatrix

Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits,
and their names were....
Flopsy,
Mopsy,
Cotton-tail,
and Peter
They lived with their Mother in a sand-bank,
underneath the root of a very big fir-tree.....
-
I'm remembering Beatrix this evening
......how she had such a good rapport with
children. Never having forgotten her own
childhood delights, she knew what
would interest and amuse her
young readers.
She kept her spirit of childlike wonder.
I suppose those are some of the
attributes we both have in common.
In this little painting, I'm imagining
her story
might have come from just
such a setting as this.
I think Beatrix would be
amazed and quite pleased
that nearly everyone
has heard of Peter Rabbit.
-
I'm focusing on happy thoughts
this evening,
and I hope they continue through
the morrow.....
Hugs....Dee Dee