Thursday, March 18, 2010

......on my desk

Robert Ingpen, one of Australia's
most successful illustrators makes
me forget I'm an adult, when
looking at his amazing book illustrations.
Within moments, I am catapulted back
to childhood, completely absorbed
into the fantasy world he has so
beautifullly created.
This happened today, while
looking at his artistic contributions
to Lewis Carroll's
"Alice's Adventures In Wonderland."
A trip to B&N today netted me
delightful learning
fodder, some pertaining to my
fascination with Alice.
Pictured are some of my
purchases, all adding
to the conglomerated collection
of children's books
stacked on my desk.
Not to worry.... I feel comfortable
surrounded by stories of fantasy
Some of them are
about Cheshire cats, bears that
love honey and boys who never grow old,
just to name a few.
Having the best of the best
in book illustrators, is like having
text books to study, all,
right at my painted finger tips.
hmmm....sipping tea from my
new Alice mug....and planning my
next project...
....hope your having a good week...Dee Dee