Monday, March 22, 2010

........new treasures on my desk



I placed my order with Amazon, and in
four seemingly short days, the books
I had ordered were on my doorstep.
It was like Christmas to me, as
I hurriedly opened the packages.
-
"Beatrix Potter A Journal"
and
"At Home With Beatrix Potter."
-
The Journal is chocked full of
reproductions of Beatrix's own journal,
containing her writings, drawings
and family photos.
A treasure indeed....is a small copy
of Beatrix's
own private printed addition of
"The Tale Of Peter Rabbit."
-
"At Home With Beatrix Potter" is
an absolutely lovely book,
about her life.
I will take my time reading every single
word she has written and,
I will be studying each and every
one of her drawings.
Long a fan of Ms Potter, I am more than
curious about her world.
I might say, these books now claim the
position of most cherished of books on
my shelves.
-
Journal.....page one begins......"I was sixteen when I
decided to start this diary. I was beginning to feel the
peaceful time of childhood was ending and
I foresaw changes in my life."
........I continue to read
Dee Dee