Friday, October 3, 2008

Discovery......A Walk In The Woods




When I was a child, there was nothing I liked more than walking in the woods near my home. I would spend hours alone, just me and nature. Recently, I had a chance to walk in the woods while visiting family in New York. All sorts of memories that were stored away from long ago, came flooding back to mind as I made one discovery after another. A creek, a fallen log, interesting rocks, a mushroom covered with moss, attached to a tree. I saw all sorts of magical places hidden away, just waiting to be found. The property belongs to my grandson, who,only yesterday, learned that the baby his wife is carrying is a son. Perhaps one day, my great grandson will walk with me in the woods and I can tell him stories of discovery, of nature and how God created it all for us to enjoy. Maybe we can set on the creek bank with our bare feet in the water and together we can make wonderful memories for him to share with his children...........