Sunday, October 5, 2008

Church Bells

For as long as I can remember, I have heard church bells ringing on Sunday mornings. As a child the church was across the street from our home and now I live close to a Catholic church that not only rings the bell on Sundays, but other times during the week as well. I can hear the bells ringing tunes on special occasions and I look forward to hearing Christmas music each year. Did you know that a church bell is a bell which is rung (especially Christian) at the church either to signify the hour or the time worshippers go to church? They were the only way to gather a village together in the old days. I love hearing them ring, for they remind me of God's house, a place of refuge and peace. The bells ringing seem to be saying to the world, "Come into the house of the Lord and worship Him.....