Monday, September 8, 2008

What The Morning Brings


Each morning when I awaken, my eyes are quite naturally drawn toward the window. Within a few moments I have determined if the sun is shining or if indeed it will be a cloudy day. I'm a light sleeper actually and as soon as the morning light shines on my face, I am awake. For many years I worked and was forced to awaken to an alarm clock. It seemed as though I never had enough rest when that ole clock went off, but somehow I would manage to get up, get dressed and be on my way. I am retired now, and I have no schedules to keep. Oddly enough, I'm not so sure I like it this way. Oh sure, I have friends and family to fill the days to some extent, but I need real substance to what I want to happen each day. I want to accomplish something. I want to make a difference. I want to create. I want to help. I want to have a schedule!!!!!!! There, I've said it. I really don't think it a good thing to have hours that are wasted. This week I'm "turning over a new leaf." I'm getting back in shape with diet and exercise. As my energy level increases so will my schedule become fuller. I AM, inspired to make better use of my time........