Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Signs of Autumn

Every year at this time, shops all over Florida bring in pots of mums...all sorts of mums in every color and every variety. It's fun to watch autumn come into existence right before my eyes. Fake pumpkins, gourds and fall leaves are lying around on pretty much every store counter in the area. Candles with pumpkin, cinnamon and apple scents line the store shelves. All this marketing of the season really works for me. Today I found myself in a shop with apple cider smells, fighting the urge to bring home a few bales of straw, a couple of fake pumpkins and a fall door wreath. Whew!!.....after the close call, I'm very happy I will be waiting for the real things. They'll be here soon enough. Maybe a few pots of mums out by the front door will do nicely for now....Photo taken by me...sidewalk in Cooperstown NY