Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recommended ....Sound Puzzle



When I'm out and about, often times I gravitate toward shops that have interesting and educational items for children. Home Goods stores have an amazingly large section of good quality childrens educational toys and books. While shopping yesterday, I "hit pay dirt." A large wooden "sound puzzle" of the United States of America, by Melissa & Doug. I have found that children love memorization games. Not only are they having fun, they are storing good things into their "memory chips." Battery operated, as each puzzle piece is placed in the proper space, the name of the state and it's capital is spoken loud and clear. The puzzle is sturdy and in wonderful primary colors. My grandchildren, home schooled, are going to really enjoy this.