Friday, September 3, 2010

Scrapbooking? I'm a little afraid....

I came across this painting
by Elizabeth Shippen Green ...1906,
and wondered that even
back then, people were
scrapbooking.
I suppose I'm not surprised,
we all want to save evidence
of special occasions
and good times.
But, can I just say,
that what we have now days,
is "extreme scrapbooking"
and many of my friends
and family, are caught up
in this new "art form."
No longer do we simply
place our photos or mementos in albums,
we place them on beautiful
patterned papers, and
surround them with all
sorts of "designer stickers
"bells and whistles."
-
Why, classes are given, so
that we make no mistakes
in creating our own
specialized scrapbook.
There is a method to this madness!
-
I've actually bought
most of the supplies
to begin this project
but for some reason,
I'm feeling insecure!
Do I need classes?
What if I do it wrong. Is
there a "scrapbook patrol"
lurking out there.....
waiting to pounce on me!
"NO....wrong pattern....wrong stickers...wrong colors!!"
-
I'll be fine.
I'm feeling much better now that
I've verbalized my fears.
I'm an individual, with my own ideas and
so help me Hannah....I'll
do it my own way, no matter what!
-
Hugs and Happy Friday....Dee Dee